Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Responsible for performing day to day GAAP, STAT and management financial reporting activities for TMNAS and the business units it supports.
- Maintains records in accordance with GAAP, STAT and organizational standards, and in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Creates and formulates GAAP, STAT and management reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, specifically as they relate to financial reporting, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials for the TMNA Accounting Policy Review Committee.
- Performs technical accounting research.
- Supervises junior accounting staff and assists in the development of their professional skills.
- Creates and utilizes automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of financial results.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
Degree/ Licenses/ Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree is required. CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience required.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of processes, methods and tools for creating and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.