About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Essential Job Functions:
- Services designated book of business within company’s underwriting guidelines.
- Performs risk analysis on all accounts within their letter of authority.
- Evaluates, reviews and makes corrective actions on existing accounts annually, including midterm reviews as necessary.
- Makes recommendations on risks which exceed their letter of authority using established referral procedures.
- Controls new business, renewals, endorsements so that all related handling is processed timely and accurately. This includes: Gathering/evaluating information to determine acceptability of new accounts. Issuing quotations Issuing policies and endorsements Making individual risk filings, when necessary Issuing new business and cancellation/non-renewal notices Ordering Loss Control surveys Recommending and placing proper reinsurance (including facultative) when necessary and authorized
- Promotes activities between Ocean Marine Department, AEOs and producers to maximize renewals and new opportunities. Maintains good communications and relations with all AEOs, producers and clients.Assist Corporate Reinsurance, Accounting and Claims on problems as they arise.
- Assist in the training of other staff members.
- Prioritize and delegate work to meet department deadlines. Reviews previously performed work for quality, as necessary.
- Adheres to department goals and objectives. Coordinate, implement and monitor producer plan which includes visits, new business, renewal retention, pricing increase and profitability.
- Assist Accounting in the timely collection of overdue premiums, keeping 90 day overdue premiums at a minimum. Assist junior members of staff in the timely collection of overdue premium reports.
- College degree preferred
- Five years plus of ocean and inland marine underwriting experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to innovate and apply new ideas.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.