Job ID: 1007625
Date Posted: May 18, 2022
Department ID: TM0606 Claims - ARM - CSO
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Responsible for screening and thoroughly investigating multi-line/multistate automobile losses to determine liability, identify coverage exposures, and negotiate settlements. The Claim Specialist I position will handle a pending of automobile claims that will involve; Collision, Other Than Collision, Uninsured Motorist Property Damage and Med-Pay. Frequent oral and written communication with customers and/or claimants and these communications must be timely and professional. Compliance with State specific Department of Insurance Regulations as well as the company's privacy and data security policy is required.
Primary Job Duties
• Strong telephone customer service skills and the ability to empathize with customers and claimants.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to assure productivity goals of a pending are met.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Document and preserve all verbal or written communication activity in the claim system.
• Establish and maintain proper loss reserves.
• Conduct in-house investigation, ordering police reports, ISO filings, assign field assignments to company approved appraisers and/or independent adjusters.
• Attend any necessary meetings or appearances on assigned claims as directed or approved by Supervisor.
• Provide detailed instructions to company approved business partners with emphasis of expense control on all claims handled.
• Maintain compliance with DOI regulation for the involved jurisdiction.
• Keep Supervisor advised of significant developments in claims.
• Timely respond to any inquire from Brokers/Agents, insured's, claimants, attorneys, outside business partners or internal TMM staff.
• Pursue all subrogation opportunities when appropriate.
• Timely process all total loss vehicles with company salvage buyer.
• Comply with all applicable internal controls and provisions of Tokio Marine's Employee Handbook.
• Attend and complete all company sponsored training as scheduled by the company.
• College degree preferred.
• At least two (2) years automobile liability claims handling experience.
• Computer skills including proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Knowledge of Personal/Commercial auto policy and coverages.
• Knowledge of tort law in various jurisdictions and motor vehicle law.
• Experience handling Medical Payment (MP) and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims strongly preferred.
• Ability to negotiate claim settlements in a timely and reasonable fashion.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Works independently under general supervision.
• Must possess Adjuster license, and maintain it according to the licensing requirements set forth by the State and/or company; or possess the ability to obtain such license in a reasonable time frame.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.