Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Responsible for performing day to day GAAP and STAT accounting activities for TMNAS and the business units it supports.
- Maintains records in accordance with GAAP, STAT and organizational standards, and in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Creates and formulates reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, including preparing journal entries, reconciliations and the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Creates and utilizes automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of financial results.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment with respect to tasks assigned.
Degree/ Licenses/ Experience
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
0-2 years of experience required.
Relevant experience gained through an internship, full-time or part-time position is preferred.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of processes, methods and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough financial reports.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of tools, practices and considerations for updating and validating general ledger data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good communication skills to provide information to business units.
- Strong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate status updates effectivelyStrong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate status updates effectively.
- Strong customer service skills in order to respond to employee inquiries and management requests (i.e., responsive, collaborative, accurate)
- Emotional maturity to be able to responsibly work with confidential and sensitive Company information.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to quickly identify and escalate problems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.