Job ID: 1007514
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2022
Department ID: MI0936 UW - Accident & Health
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a Sr. Underwriter I in Accident & Health to join our team!
Determines acceptability, conditions and pricing of specific Accident & Health (A&H) insurance risks and agrees on coverage within regulatory requirements, corporate product offerings and designated authority level.
A typical day will include the following:
• Underwrites Business Travel Accident and Group Travel Medical Accident & Health (A&H) insurance risks.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of loss experience and business conditions of key accounts as well as loss trends and any relevant legal or economic factors regarding the Accident & Health business line.
• Participates on a team of underwriters and other staff to meet the Accident & Health insurance and service needs of large multi-product customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all filings, products, services, priorities and target markets in the Accident & Health line of business or insurance segment.
• May accompany marketing representative or represent the company on appointments in assigned territory.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
• Four to six years of Business Travel Accident and Group Travel underwriting experience as defined by division
• Thorough knowledge of forms and coverages
For Colorado Residents Only: Salary Range $76,699.11 to $86,286.50
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx