Job ID: 1007457
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2022
Department ID: MI0941 UW - TMS Primary Casualty
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for an experienced Primary Casualty Underwriter to join Tokio Marine Specialty as a member of the Primary Casualty team!
Under limited direction and supervision, the Sr. Specialty Underwriter underwrites and markets assigned products by providing high levels of risk assessment and technical underwriting expertise to determine underwriting acceptability.
• Gathers and analyzes information, applying appropriate underwriting techniques necessary to make an accurate evaluation of acceptability of risk. May evaluate credit quality.
• Prepares and participates in marketing activities within the region to promote the development of new business.
• Participates in the producer management process which may include, but is not limited to, premium collections.
• Prepares underwriting submissions, making recommendations and/or decisions within established authority limits.
• Prepares and participates in proposals to producers and/or accounts negotiating terms and conditions.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx