This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1007449
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Department ID: TM0606 Claims - ARM - CSO
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Responsible for screening and thoroughly investigating multi-line/multi-state commercial automobile losses to determine liability, identify coverage exposures, and negotiate settlements. Frequent oral and written communication with customers, claimants and attorneys is required and these communications must be timely and professional. Compliance with State specific Department of Insurance Regulations as well as the company's privacy and data security policy is required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Confirm coverage and policy information.
• Initially establish and maintain proper loss reserve, and negotiate loss settlements.
• Conduct in-house investigation by taking recorded statements, ordering police reports, reviewing repair estimates, securing medical reports, etc.
• Attend necessary meetings or appearances on assigned claims as directed or approved by Supervisor.
• Maintain control of outside vendors/attorney and their expenses by directing assignments to them, and limiting the scope of assignments so as to maximize cost efficiency while minimizing delays in claim handling. Such vendors/attorneys must not be used unless pre-approved by the manager.
• Adhere to provisions of Litigation Management Program and cost containment principles.
• Maintain compliance with Fair Claim Practices Act or rules and internal instructions.
• Keep Supervisor advised of significant developments in claims. Prepare required reports and other notices in a timely manner.
• Be familiar with and comply with all applicable provisions of Tokio Marine's Employee Handbook.
• Answer correspondence and inquiries promptly from brokers/agents, insureds, claimants, attorneys, outside vendors, TMM-employees, etc.
• Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.
Interested in working for FICOH?
Take the first step by joining our Talent Network today!