First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to Strategic Planning unit with the monthly meetings, quarterly review meetings and annual Strategic Planning Session, including but not limited to the processes such as set-up, logistics, agendas, presentations, minutes, reports, maintenance of documents in SharePoint, and meeting budget requirements. Assist the Strategic Planning unit with other administrative duties and other travel requests.
- Provides proctoring, including ordering study material and exams, coordination of service award cards and gift cards, movie ticket purchase and sales, 4Cs Awards, credit card and expense reports, maintaining and ordering office supplies, preparation of the annual meeting calendar and maintaining the executive calendar.
- Provides travel assistance to associates, Group Company associates, clients, vendors and others as requested. Maintains repository for all company travel arrangements.
- Provides support to the Synergy & Brokerage/Agency Relations & Sales unit, but not limited to the monthly credit card and expense reports, coordination and scheduling of meetings with various Group Companies, travel arrangements for Group Companies, coordination of the logistics of Group Company events held locally and out of state, ordering of promotional items/materials for events/meetings/visitors and other administrative duties.
- Provides support to the HR unit, but not limited to the annual processes such as Telecommuter Workstation Verification, Survey for Conflict of Interest/Code of Conduct (including reports to the VP-HR for analysis), and annual celebrations such as Employee Appreciation Day and other activities.
- Provides Executive department support and serves as a back-up to the Executive Assistant.
- May require periodic overtime
Qualifications / Experience:
- 2 years college degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of general office or administrative assistant experience
- Type 35 WPM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift up to 25 Ibs
- Ability to multi task with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional telephone etiquette skills
- Performs well under pressure and completes assigned tasks in a prompt and reliable manner
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population of internal/external customers in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Travel booking experience
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.