Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Responsible for performing day to day financial reporting tasks for TMNAS and the business units it supports. Support the Accounting Manager – Financial Reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains records in accordance with GAAP, STAT and organizational standards, and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Creates and formulates GAAP, STAT and management reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Completes quarter-end and year-end closing activities, specifically as they relate to financial reporting, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Prepares quarter-end and year-end statutory financial statements, footnotes and other financial schedules.
- Assists in the preparation of meeting materials for the TMNA Accounting Policy Review Committee.
- Provides support to Accounting Manager – Financial Reporting.
- Creates and utilizes automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of financial results.
- Administers various monthly, quarterly and year-end statutory forms and filings with state departments of insurance and other regulatory organizations.
- Prepares various fees and assessments for payment submission accurately and timely on a regular basis and maintains summaries of various payments to entities on an as-needed basis.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
- 0-2+ years’ Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting (GAAP and STAT) and insurance principles.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good communication skills to provide information to business units.
- Strong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate with the department if a deadline might be missed.
- Strong customer service skills in order to respond to employee inquiries and management requests (i.e., responsive, collaborative, accurate)
- Emotional maturity to be able to responsibly work with confidential and sensitive Company information.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
***Please note that any offer of employment from TMNAS is contingent on candidates attesting to their Covid-19 vaccination status, in accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable law. TMNAS is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated against Covid-19 due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, may request reasonable accommodations which will be considered by TMNAS consistent with applicable law.