Job ID: 1007396
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2022
Department ID: TM0617 Claims - Property
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Handle moderate-severe in complexity homeowner and commercial property losses. Investigate claims, evaluate coverage and make claim settlement payments based on estimated damages pursuant to the policy coverage. Direct assigned independent adjusters, experts and other vendors as needed.
Primary Job Duties
• Investigate loss to determine policy coverage and adjust all elements of property claims.
• Explain coverage of loss, assist policyholders with intemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
• Maintain strict diary on open claims and timely loss reserving.
• Identify Underwriting risks and suspicious losses. Send formal referral to the appropriate department (UW or SIU) for further review and/or investigation.
• Work with and coordinate a number of vendors such as independent adjusters, contractors, emergency and cleaning services.
• Maintain compliance with company claim procedures and CA Fair Claims Practices Act.
• Prepare detailed reports for reserve recommendation on complex losses.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Performing special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Occasional travel as needed.
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
• 5 years of adjusting property claims.
• Knowledge of or experience with TMA claim handling systems, processes and procedures preferred.
• Knowledge of property policy forms.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Ability to effectively and independently manage workload.
• Strong written and communication skills with the ability to work with muli-facetd systems.
• Basic computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written commuincations skills.
• Must be able to aquire and maintain a California Adjuster License.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.