Job ID: 1007351
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2022
Department ID: MI0907 UW - Habitational
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced insurance professional with established technical Commercial Agribusiness Underwriting skills to join our growing team in Iowa (West Des Moines) and the Midwest Territory.
• Underwrites large, complex property & casualty (P&C) insurance risks.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of loss experience and business conditions of key accounts as well as loss trends and any relevant legal or economic factors regarding the property & casualty business line.
• Participates on a team of underwriters and other staff to meet the property & casualty insurance and service needs of large multi-product customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all products, services, priorities and target markets in the property & casualty line of business or insurance segment.
• Assist in the training and development of coworkers as directed by management.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Minimum of 5 years of Commercial Agribusiness underwriting experience.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx