Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Performs, coordinates and directs the daily activities associated with internal audits in accordance with the Audit Plan. Ensures that Business Units adhere to Company’s policies and procedures and relevant quality standards. Works closely with Business Units to implement and monitor solutions to audit findings.
- Work closely with the Audit Manager to perform audit assignments and reporting in accordance with the annual Audit Plan.
- Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units.
- Review findings with Audit Manager and Business Unit; identify and quantify exceptions. Determine the level of impact on internal controls and workflow efficiencies. Recommend course of action. Monitor Business Unit implementation of actions taken.
- Produce audit reports that summarize procedures, findings and recommendations.
- Manage day to day activities of Auditor I and Auditor II positions.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, CIA, MBA or CISA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years auditing experience in financial/operational and integrated audits (internal and/or external).
- Experience with international audit and operations in a global insurance and/or financial services environment desirable.
- Experience in data analysis using data mining tools.
- Role can be an internal auditor or a senior internal auditor level, depending on level of experience
- Willing to consider a remote employee for this role
- Strong knowledge of insurance policies, procedures and operations in property and casualty insurance.
- Superior knowledge of the technical aspects of auditing methods, tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring audits (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Superior project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Superior analytical ability.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.