About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
- Research and analysis of Property & Casualty insurance statutes and regulatory requirements in 52 jurisdictions.
- Reviews regulatory circulars to maintain compliance.
- Manage bureau and Independent rate, rule and form filings for assigned lines of business.
- Initiates and prepares the required action on rate, rule, and form filings.
- Drafting of an explanatory memorandums
- Effectively coordinates with Product Managers, actuaries and other internal and external filing and system resources.
- Responses to regulatory examiners' inquiries.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty SERFF state filings system.
- Assist in systems implementation for Corporate Underwriting matters
- Follows Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to meet compliance specifications for each individual line of business assigned; including updates to internal tools and systems.
- Product Development support to Product Line manager; including competitor filing research.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities; including data systems.
- Work with Filings / Operations team to maintain business line & regulatory resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, CPCU or equivalent Professional designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in the within the legal department of an insurance company, law firm, compliance unit, corporate underwriting unit, or regulatory filing unit.
- Preferred Minimum of 2 Years of experience in Underwriting-related work experience.
- Strong analytical and research skills, including knowledge and experience using tools such as state and industry regulatory websites such as Westlaw, Oden, ISOnet.
- Familiarity with SERFF filing system Knowledge of a national rating bureau and independent state bureaus required.
- Experience with Compliance-related issues.
- Experience with Internal Audits a plus
- Strong Computer skills in Outlook, Word and Excel. Strong math skills – such as deriving the percentage changes.
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills.
- Participation in previous Corporate Projects a plus
- Highly detailed and organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and consistently delivering good results; excellent deadline management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.