Job ID: 1007250
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2022
Department ID: TM0928 UW -Ocean Marine Unit
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Job Summary: Responsible for the growth, development and management of producer distribution and new business underwriting for Ocean and Inland Marine Lines in an assigned territory.
Essential Job Functions Production and Underwriting
1. Appoints, develops and manages relationships with the Producers who fit within Tokio Marine Guidelines.
2. Performs all marketing duties in connection with assigned territory.
3. Manages Producer performance including submissions, hit ratios and other quality measures.
4. Achieves established production goals focusing on profitable growth.
5. Analyzes, evaluates and reviews information to determine acceptability of new accounts.
6. Underwrites and determines the policy parameters and pricing of risks based on underwriting guidelines and appetites.
7. Provides rating instructions and policy issuance instructions to Technical Assistant staff.
8. Prepares quotations and proposals on new business.
9. Makes recommendations on risks which exceed authority using established referral procedures.
10. Orders Loss Control surveys, as applicable.
11. Recommends and places proper reinsurance when necessary and authorized.
12. Meets all file documentation standards and complies with underwriting authority level.
13. Prioritize and delegate work to meet producer deadlines and internal service standards.
14. Adheres to department goals and objectives. Coordinate, implement and monitor producer plan which includes visits, new business, renewal retention, pricing increase and profitability.
15. Develops new Product ideas and tracks competitor activity.
16. Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to
College degree preferred.
At least three years or more underwriting experience
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to innovate and apply new ideas.
Familiarity with basis Microsoft programs and basic personal computer usage.
Participation in insurance related courses
CPCU designation preferred.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.