Job ID: 1007160
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2021
Department ID: TM1605 Loss Control - HPR Account
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
If you are passionate, energetic and thrive on new opportunities, look no further. We are seeking a Large Property Loss Control Account Engineer.
Provide professional Highly Protected Risk (HPR) loss control services to Tokio Marine clients and Tokio Marine Management, Inc. Primarily coordinates loss control activities on select accounts ensuring service plans are maintained and completed, responding to customer requests and needs and supporting underwriting and claims at renewal and during the policy period. Also coordinates and conducts loss control management evaluations, physical surveys, loss analysis and training to assist Tokio Marine clients to improve and maintain loss control activities. In addition, coordinates and conducts loss control management evaluations, physical surveys and loss analysis to assist Tokio Marine Management Underwriting in their evaluation of risk. Provide loss control technical support to Tokio Marine departments such as underwriting, claim and coordination.
Primary Job Duties
1. Coordinates loss control service to select clients requiring defined service standards.
2. Assists in the development and presentation of programs and training seminars for clients and other departments in the Company.
3. Responds to special requests from Underwriting Department and clients with prior approval from Loss Control Department Management.
4. Develops and maintains Loss Control instructions for multi-location clients being coordinated by Loss Control.
5. Performs loss control surveys of prospects and clients on request for underwriting information and evaluation from a loss control viewpoint for desirability.
6. Prepares reports for clients, Underwriting and Branch concerning the loss control in effect, including accident analysis, conditions noted, recommendations for improvement and future needs.
7. Completes all work scheduled in regular service assignments or requests in a timely manner.
8. Maintains membership and actively participates in professional organizations approved by
Departmental standards guidelines.
9. Utilizes PC programs (Accident Analysis, Presentation Software, etc.) in preparing presentations for prospects and clients.
10. Plans and performs work scheduling in a timely and cost effective manner.
11. Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering / Science or equivalent job experience.
• Five years experience servicing major accounts.
• Possesses a specialty in HPR loss control.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral and capable of making presentation to a group
• Good computer skills to include the use of Microsoft software, and other software
• Valid driver's license free of violations.
• Physically capable of performing the job requirements - walking, carrying and climbing.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.