About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
- Assist CIO and cooperate with other team members in the design and deployment of systematic equity investment strategies, as well as in the design and deployment of systematic multi-asset factor investment strategies.
- Participate in data driven investment processes such as vendor selection, data engineering, alpha research, trade execution, and pitch book development under the supervision by CIO and in collaboration with other team members.
- Conduct quantitative portfolio management with necessary analytics on market structure, environment and fund performance on CIO’s request and guidance.
Essential Job Functions: Perform the following tasks under supervision and guidance by CIO.
- Identify, meet and build relationships with data vendors.
- Procure, analyze, and select dataset.
- Clean data and make data available and accessible for research.
- Design, develop and maintain data scrapping mechanisms to accumulate data from the web.
- Design, evaluate and implement methodologies to analyze alternative and financial data (i.e., textual, machine learning).
- Select, implement and maintain database for alpha generation research, back testing, order and execution management systems.
- Design, develop and maintain high performance distributed computing systems.
- Generate investment ideas and strategies utilizing financial and alternative data.
- Perform quantitative research and back testing on financial and alternative data to develop systematic investment strategies.
- Manage portfolios implementing quantitative strategies.
- Collaborate with traders to implement and execute strategies.
- Analyze performance and create reports.
- Assist to create and develop marketing materials to promote investment strategies.
- Monitor recent trends in use of alternative data/big data in finance through publications and academic and industry conferences.
- Assist educations to shareholders/stakeholders on topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science through periodic written publications and in-person meetings.
- Assist drafting and communicating actionable plans to build and modernize the firm’s data science, research, and trading infrastructures.
- Assist drafting and communicating actionable plans to build business around data science and factor investing capabilities.
- Master’s degree (prospective or earned) in Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (any), or a related field of study, or equivalent knowledge.
- More than one (1) year of experience with quantitative investment analysis, portfolio management, and/or risk control.
- Flexibility in assessing client needs and delivering results.
- Excellent skills in teamwork and communication
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.