Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
We are looking for a qualified Senior Programmer for Digital Development to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will lead and/or participate in design, development and support of various digital applications, websites and projects, including site launches, online tools, web applications and advertising campaigns. We are looking for a dynamic, tech savvy, self-motivated hands-on developer with great passion in development and quick at analysis and resolving issues.
For this position, we expect you to possess advance development skills in key technologies (articulated below). We are looking for candidates to be collaborative, communicative, and confident providing technical leadership to a team of developers and in working with business and IT groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead/participate in the analysis, design and technical implementation of mobile optimized web sites and related components.
- Responsible for implementation of different web applications according to provided technical specifications and business requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to portal implementation.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications
- Participate in architectural design of the functional enhancements collaborating with EA team
- Participate in design of consumer-focused user experience for all of our online internal and external facing applications.
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assists in user acceptance testing
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis and coding
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts and end users.
- Lead on-going production support for implemented projects.
- Manage production support tickets in terms of severity.
- Provide resolution of support tickets.
- Provide reporting of project statuses to project management and leadership.
- Maintain coding best practices and standards. Ensure that the best practices are enforced and followed during the development process with various team members
- Support offshore and junior developers by providing advice, coaching and technical support on their development tasks.
- Responsible for planning and creating release packages of various web sites and web application and related components, working with the release management team
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- Microsoft developer certifications a plus
- 7+ years of web development experience on Microsoft platform.
- 7 years professional experience in developing C# and ASP.NET based web applications and web sites for cross-browser consumption.
- 7 years professional experience in developing application using SQL Server 2012-2019.
- 5 years professional experience in developing MVC web applications.
- 5 years professional experience in developing web services for the web consumption (REST, SOAP, JSON, Web API).
- Development experience using Web API using ASP.Core is a plus
- Experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server or any other RDBMS and performance tuning.
- Experience configuring and developing on IIS 7.5 & 8.5 platform.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013-2019 including Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with Azure DevOps builds and code merging.
- Experience with Web Forms development and any Content Management System is a plus.
- Experience developing mobile solutions for IOS and Android mobile devices is a plus
- Experience developing and integrating web sites with various social media API is a plus.
- Experience developing SQL Server Reports (SSRS) is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.