About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
This role is responsible for consistent delivery of regulatory compliance related to P&C bureau/ circular filing activity. Manages automatic adoption of regulatory bureau rate, forms and rules in various states and lines of business as assigned. Works closely with Corporate Underwriting team to process and manage auto adoption and exemption filings to ensure proper system implementation actions are taken in the required time frame. Creates and submits delay adopt filings for all filings that cannot be programmed in the required timeframe. Conduct pre- filing verification / review of filing submissions from APM team. Submission of P & C filing material through SERFF system. Work as liaison between APM & Regulatory Filing Unit to ensure proper filing requirements are submitted. Create, manage and maintain institutional in house regulatory filing information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily review of ISO, NCCI, AAIS and other regulatory circulars for auto adoption (and exempt) states to determine required changes. Request input into the policy administration system in accordance with the established departmental filing plan.
- Working closely with the Product Management and Filings team to, create and submit Delay Adopt filings if changes cannot be programmed into the policy administration system in the required timeframe.
- Responsible for processing of complex regulatory filings and special filing projects as assigned by Department Management.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of basic state regulatory filing requirements and regulatory environment.
- Solid understanding of SERFF state filings system and state filings forms.
- Create, manage and maintain in house regulatory information and resources to support departmental instutional knowledge.
- Manage and oversee Industry Regulatory changes and distribute information to appropriate business line manager.
- Utilizes tools and resources to determine delay adopt filing requirements.
- Interface with workflow and regulatory circular tracking database and underwriting system to manage and implement circular and filing activity.
- Effectively work with Corporate Underwriting PM &Tech Solutions team, Actuarial and IT Business Analyst as needed.
- Follows Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to meet compliance specifications.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job responsibilities.
- Special Projects as assigned by Department Management.
- Capability of owning issues and driving resolution. This person is required to think and act independently with moderate supervision.
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface daily with team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal team processes or supported business's processes, products, or services.
- Continuously enhance job/industry knowledge and skills through professional development activities.
- Works in a Compliant Manner.
- Performing special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years’ experience (Insurance Industry) in an Underwriting or Regulatory Filings unit.
- Strong technical skills related to insurance industry, experience working with underwriting systems a preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic P & C industry and state circular activity and regulatory filing requirements.
- Knowledge of ISO commercial property and casualty products, NCCI manuals and circulars preferred.
- Knowledge of NAIC electronic Rate / Rule/ Form filing portal (SERFF).
- Strong knowledge of industry regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, with a demonstrated appreciation for customer and client services.
- Dynamic, energetic, and decisive, with a visible sense of urgency
- Highly organized and productive, with strong prioritization abilities.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe products is critical.
- CPCU or other Professional Designations a plus.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.