Job ID: 1007003
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Department ID: MI0942 UW - TMS Excess Casualty
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
Tokio Marine Specialty Insurance Company excels in providing Excess and Surplus lines commercial insurance protection to specialized industries. Initially focused on casualty business, Tokio Marine Specialty provides both primary and excess coverage. We work with designated surplus lines agents and brokers throughout the country to deliver primary and excess solutions.
The TMS Trainee will participate in a training program which will include classroom based learning, on the job training, and independent study. A portion of the training program will involve shadowing of current employees across various teams. You will learn the fundamentals of the Excess and Surplus lines industry and skills needed to become a successful underwriter. The program will last approximately one year during which time some business travel will be required for training.
The Trainee provides support and assistance to Excess Casualty underwriting staff by handling administrative and routine underwriting tasks. A typical day will include the following:
• Interacts with and learns the role of other groups (loss control, claims, administration, etc.) in providing Excess Casualty products and services to routine accounts.
• Supports Excess Casualty underwriting staff using the necessary systems, forms, methods and procedures.
• Learn and understand key components of common products in the Excess Casualty line of business as well as learn and maintain knowledge of company workflow and company procedures.
• Contact agents, brokers and marketing department as appropriate to clarify and correct inconsistent, incorrect or missing application/submission information, and conduct follow ups with agents, brokers and marketing department on binding conditions and additional information requests.
• Take pricing referrals, coverage questions and endorsement referrals on our Automatic book according to delegated underwriting authority and guidelines.
• Accurately enter all new and renewal submissions, update the workflow tracking system with appropriate entries, run reports to determine assignments and complete account status follow up by contacting agents, brokers and the PHLY marketing department via the most appropriate method of communication.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx
This position is not able to be performed within the state of Colorado.