About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Assist the SVP Commercial Marine and Underwriters in achieving retention, time service, data quality, regulatory compliance and production goals for the Property Underwriting team. Act as IM TA Subject Matter Expert and perform training to other technical assistants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Underwriters in developing underwriting information on large, complex new business and renewals.
- Works independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Analyze and summarize RMS data, i.e. CAT exposures as directed by the underwriter.
- Solicits renewal information, prepare quotes, new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations, under the direction of the Underwriter or Underwriting Team Leader. Automatically process non-money endorsements based on select criteria developed by the underwriter.
- Assist in developing pricing indications based on the Underwriter and /or Underwriting Team Leader's directions using a manual process utilizing data obtained from loss control, brokers and other resources.
- Ensure premium bookings are accurate and within time standards using data entry system.
- Lead Subject Matter Expert on new process systems, including but not limited to participation on project teams (i.e., OnBase, Salesforce Case Management, etc.), developing workflow procedures and providing training to other TAs on the team.
- Provide support to other underwriting units both locally or nationally as directed by the SVP Commercial Marine.
- As directed by the SVP Commercial Marine, perform a quality control audit on select IM policies to ensure consistency and regulatory compliance.
- Complete projects as assigned by the SVP Commercial Marine.
- Initiate communication with agents and brokers over the phone, in writing, via email and any other sources to collect essential underwriting information.
- Properly document the underwriting file to meet all compliance requirements.
- Create additional file and policy documents either through Word/Excel, etc. as directed by the Underwriter.
- Assist in the placement and documentation of reinsurance, underwriting referrals and other documentation in accordance with TMM procedures and guidelines.
- Answer brokers, and marketing’s requests for status of accounts.
- Maintain both manual and automated logs for internal reporting and compliance requirements as directed by the SVP Commercial Marine.
- Interact with members of the team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities of the Company.
- Accompany Underwriter on broker calls and loss control visits as directed by the underwriter, as applicable.
- Attend Bi-weekly Meetings, Mid-Term Renewal Team meetings and other internal meetings as directed by the underwriter.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- College Degree preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Excellent technical assistant / rating commercial and/or risk management underwriting skills
- Strong oral and written communication; and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word programs; strong, proficient PC skills.
- Strong work ethic and initiative displayed on the job
- Participation in insurance continuing educational programs
- Participation in company sponsored educational programs
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.