Job ID: 1006997
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2023
Department ID: MI0951 UW - M&PL World Wide
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We have an exciting Sr. Specialty Underwriter opportunity for a seasoned commercial or professional liability underwriter where you can apply your technical skills to our new and expanding Temp Staffing division in our Melville (NY), Ewing (NJ), or Bala Cynwyd (PA) offices. We are also open to considering the following locations: Leawood (KS), Napervill/Chicago (IL), Alpharetta (GA), Florida, Plano (TX) and Boston (MA).
The position will underwrite temporary staffing lines of business through independent agents and wholesale brokers., You will have the opportunity to establish relationships with agents and generate additional business, evaluate insurance applications to determine the risk involved and decide to accept or reject the application as well as determine appropriate premium. Under limited direction, independently underwrites and markets assigned products by providing high levels of risk assessment and technical underwriting expertise to determine underwriting acceptability
A typical day will include the following:
• Determine acceptability, conditions and pricing of specific professional liability insurance risks and agree on coverage within regulatory requirements, corporate product offerings and designated authority level.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of loss experience and business conditions of key accounts as well as loss trends and any relevant legal or economic factors regarding the management and professional liability business lines.
• Participate on a team of underwriters and other staff to meet the management and professional liability insurance and service needs of large multi-product customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all products, services, priorities and target markets in the management and professional liability line of business or insurance segment.
• May accompany marketing representative or represent the company on appointments in assigned territory.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.