Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting and insurance principles.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
- Knowledge of basic banking principals and systems – banking web portals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good communication skills to provide information to business units.
- Strong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate with the department if a deadline might be missed.
- Strong customer service skills in order to respond to employee inquiries and management requests (i.e., responsive, collaborative, accurate).
- Emotional maturity to be able to responsibly work with confidential and sensitive Company information.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Responsible for performing various Treasury and Reinsurance tasks for TMNAS and the business units it supports. Provides support to other members of the Treasury & Reinsurance team. May support other teams (Tax, Budget, IT Finance) within the Finance department on an occasional, as-needed basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches inquiries from business units.
- Supports coding of cash transactions to the correct general ledger accounts.
- Pull bank statements and remote deposit checks received.
- Gather information from the general ledger to support the unclaimed property process.
- Review any positive pay items.
- Enter invoices received for payment for the Treasury team.
- Enter Facultative reinsurance data into ProCede (Reinsurance Loss System).
- Facultative – Format facultative reinsurance transactions monthly.
- Complete Reinsurance Cash Flow reconciliation monthly.
- Update Reinsurer Rating data quarterly.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Provides support, as directed, to other members of the treasury team.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment with respect to tasks assigned.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.