Job ID: 1006953
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2021
Department ID: TM0927 GBU
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
This position will be an advisor and informal technical leader as well as handle a specific book of business within the Global Business Casualty Unit. Underwrites accounts as assigned, evaluate and price commercial risks. Determines acceptability and recommends underwriting action consistent with corporate/departmental goals and objectives. Provide technical support to GBU Casualty Team members based upon staff members' individual technical expertise consistent with established corporate/departmental goals and objectives. Assists GBU VP/AVP as requested
Primary Job Duties
• Works closely with AEO's, Loss Control, Premium Audit, Actuarial, Accounting and Corporate Underwriting to support GBU Casualty Managers for overseeing service of the GBU Units' book of business.
• Participate in, lead or work independently on technical underwriting, coverage, pricing projects as assigned.
• Apply subject matter expertise and contribute specialized knowledge to strengthen team acumen and improve underwriting quality through training/mentoring of GBU team members.
• Cross departmental collaboration to enhance an advanced technical skillset.
• Performs exposure analysis, determines and recommends underwriting actions determines the appropriate pricing levels and identify appropriate underwriting alternatives.
• Takes appropriate underwriting action within the scope of delegated authority. Transactions that exceed authority are referred using established format and procedures with applicable underwriting recommendations.
• Responsible for account ownership by controlling new account submissions, renewals and all related transactions in terms of underwriting, loss control, audit, loss experience, file documentation and maintenance, and overall processing status. Prepares all transactions including referrals, quotations, renewals, reinsurance placements, filings, account advisories etc. both accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines, schedules and procedures.
• Understands, complies and maintains current knowledge of underwriting guidelines, procedures, goals and objectives. Completes all file documentation, and rating schedules in compliance with all internal underwriting and state regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates account activities between various other departments, underwriters, account executive officers and producers within the scope of account ownership and authority. Provides clear, concise requests and instructions on all account transaction matters to other departments and unit members as applicable.
• Reviews previously performed work for transaction accuracy and quality. Support GBU team leaders responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary.
• Maintain effective communication and rapport with Branch Managers, Corporate Underwriting, Client Solutions, Producers, Clients and all other internal departments.
• Develops market intelligence on an ongoing basis.
• Regular and reliable attendance. Ability to interface with members of team on a daily basis. Interacts extensively with AEO's, producers, and potential clients to originate new business opportunities.
• Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
• College degree preferred or equivalent
• 10 years or more of Casualty/Property Underwriting experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong technology skills with an emphasis on proficiency in MS Office applications.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.