First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
*This position is located on the island of Oahu and candidates must work in the state of Hawaii upon hire*
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and developing RSM associates when there is a gap, complaint, or opportunity for growth. Planning and providing guidance, training, and activities to develop staff.
- Assist Senior Vice President, Commercial Underwriting to understand and manage external client/customer relationships by providing/facilitating practical customer solutions and explore and capitalize on opportunities to add value.
- Prospecting new large accounts evaluating for risk acceptability and selling FICOH services as appropriate by determining client needs.
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Commercial Underwriting to ensure efficient RSM operations by developing technology to increase capacity, leverage group company capabilities, and evaluating current processes and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Supervisor/Manager (all of the above duties including the following):
- Evaluates staff performance relative to objectives and documents results on all performance metrics to staff and Senior Vice President, Commercial Underwriting
- Supervises daily operations of the RSM department aimed at providing superior quality prevention and cost containment services.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 4 year College Degree or 4 years’ experience in Risk and Safety Management
- 5+ years of Risk and Safety Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates leadership skill including effective written, oral, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and critical thinking skills
Supervisor (all the above requirements including the following):
- 1+ years’ experience in serving as a formal supervisory role with input into hiring and compensation decisions, managing workflow and resource allocation, and conducting performance evaluations
Manager (all the above requirements including the following):
- 7+ years of Risk and Safety Management experience
- 4+ years's experience serving in a mangerial role with direct responsibility for the performance of a work unit or department
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.