Provides support to Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) to establish new or enhance existing business processes through the strategic partnerships, demand management, IT capability / business need alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Builds a trusted relationship with multiple roles in the business unit and TMNAS.
- Participates in planning sessions with team members.
- Monitors demand pipeline, reporting on volumes and trends.
- Performs time and cost analysis on estimates to complete work against the actual time to and costs to complete the work.
- Performs trend analysis by analyzing variances and articulating patterns that lead to improving operational efficiency.
- Supports BRMs in monitoring and reporting on escalated issues.
- Support BRMs in shaping demand, including idea generation, solution options and estimation development for hand off to Development, Infrastructure and/or Security teams.
- Minimizes business value lost during project execution by monitoring project status reporting for issues and participating in project change request reviews to assess impact to previously set expectations.
- Works collaboratively with IT management to develop clear and concise communications with respect to demand, incidents, problems, and change management as needed.
- Supports IT change management activities.
- Maintains awareness of changes to strategy, goals and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the need of the organization.
- Supports the BRMs in tracking and documenting stakeholder’s satisfaction, services consumed, and service level reporting.
- Provides support for business reviews and prioritization activities.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience.
- Property & Casuality Accreditaions, i.e. AINS preferred.
- Master’s preferred.
- 4 years as a Business Analyst or in a Project management role in an IT environment with significant customer exposure.
- Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of TMNAS’ business, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing organizational performance, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of TMNAS and the business units it supports.
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update or enhance existing business or work processes.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques , ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques, ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling IT projects.
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment, ability to adapt as needed.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong people management skills: Plan, direct, motivate, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff.
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.