Job Description – To perform server and middleware administration to support applications and services at all phases of the SDLC. Leverage DevOps principles and technologies to improve service and streamline operational and development tasks.
- Troubleshoot and provide support at all levels of operation of assigned applications.
- Support multi-tier application deployments and change methodology.
- Work with internal IT & business teams, outside consultants, and vendors to implement new software and upgrade existing applications following best practices and standards.
- Collaborate with development and infrastructure teams to understand application changes and their impact on middleware services and systems.
- Provides status updates to team members and development managers as requested.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests with timely and accurate assistance.
- Clearly communicate information to internal and external teams.
- Utilize analytical and technical skills to creatively solve problems, improve service, and support organizational needs.
- Implement and perform monitoring using appropriate tools to meet service level agreements.
- Works with the Service Desk to facilitate production support efforts and Tier-1 support responses to application related issues.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers and vendor support resources.
- Adhere to IT Security Policies and develop all solutions with security in mind.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on an as-needed basis or in an oncall rotation.
- Maintain installation and run-book documentation as well as any other reference materials needed in order to support applications and services.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science) preferred.
- Industry certification in Microsoft technologies (MCITP) preferred.
- 7-9 years’ IT operations experience
- Experience with the following:
- Installing and tuning IIS or Apache web servers.
- Windows operating system tools, permissions, and troubleshooting.
- Administration of Jboss and Tomcat application server platforms, including Java Virtual Machines tuning and thread analysis.
- Java and .Net application deployments and troubleshooting in a multi-server environment.
- DevOps principles and technologies (PowerShell, Ansible, Python)
- Windows Server OS (2012 – 2016)
- Load Balancing technologies.
- Maintaining SSL server certificates.
- Administration / Maintenance of WebMethods, or Mulesoft
- Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Supporting code management and deployment tools such as Octopus, TFS, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Commitment to displaying a high level of customer service.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate solutions and concepts to technical resources as well as non-technical customers and users.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate cross disciplines with other functional IT teams.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks while working in a quick-paced changing environment.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.