The Programmer III – Decision Systems role proactively contributes knowledge and practice of a broad array of data management skills and techniques working to rationalize the organizations data assets, processes, applications, systems, and information usage across multiple functional areas. In this role, the individual must exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, be a quick learner, and display a high degree of initiative.
- Partner with relational and dimensional developers, BI analysts, data scientists, and other business stakeholders to drive efficiencies and improvements in information usage.
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of the organizations information assets.
- Execute upon the organizations Enterprise Information Management strategy.
- Establish and build strong working relationships and partnerships with vendors, management, peers, and industry partners.
- Aid in the overall delivery of full spectrum data, analytics, and reporting services across multiple P&C insurance carriers.
- Support the organization in the delivery of self-service data capabilities including training, collaboration, and partnering with the customer.
- Execute upon the strategic vision and realization of data warehousing, analytics, and decision support system development and implementation for the organization.
- Support several complex multi-partner system implementations and back office integrations.
- Promote a data driven culture throughout the organization.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering) preferred
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Predictive Analytics, or Data Science) a plus.
- CBIP certification or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ Years of experience overall working in data management.
- Experience with data management, governance, and control within a financial services setting preferably within the P&C insurance industry
- Advanced abilities in relational and dimensional data architecture, modeling, extraction, transformation, and loading, data management, data governance, and related disciplines.
- Ability to create and maintain ETL processes and complex data flows.
- Advanced SQL language skills.
- Adept in tracing and resolving data integrity issues.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies used for data discovery, data preparation, prediction, and data analysis.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as nonfunctional requirements.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Knowledge of each part of the data life cycle from discovery, loading, cleaning, transforming, managing, analyzing, and making such data easily accessible to all members of the company
- Knowledge of database designing, developing and implementing databases of multiple types including relational, network, hierarchical, and/or others.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to gain consensus and participate in decision-making activities in a team setting.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of data related problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; understands and applies data management in balance with current needs and long term organizational objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment, identifying key priorities and driving new solutions.
- Act as a self-starter identifying and implementing optimal opportunities to advance the organization’s data needs and culture
- Ability to engage with an established network of data, analytics, and information management experts and consultants when pursuing new initiatives.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and potentially lead a team.
- Comfortable attending and participating at industry conferences and events to maintain currency with the external environment.
- Superior attention to detail.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.