TM Claims Service (TMCS) is an independent global claims management firm established in 1987 to provide clients with a broad range of claims-related services in the areas of transportation, product liability and overseas travel accident insurance. As part of the Tokio Marine Group of companies TM Claims Service provides claims handling services throughout the US and the Americas. Founded in 1879, Tokio Marine is recognized as Japan’s oldest insurer and one of the largest insurance groups in the world. Tokio Marine has offices in 38 countries staffed by more than 15,000 employees outside of Japan.
Review bank reconciliation reports and journal vouchers. Prepare financial statements. Handle fixed assets processes. Handle regulatory reporting and tax payment processes. Assist with Accounting audit. Assist with budget preparation and review processes. Assist with completing business plan and other special projects. Provide management support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and approve bank reconciliation reports and journal vouchers to ensure accurate recording in the general ledger system.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department, including, but not limited to reviewing account reconciliation reports and subledgers; analyzing account balances; reconciling account issues; and closing the general ledger system.
- Prepare financial reports including, but not limited to quarterly financial statements, actual vs. budget analysis, and dashboards.
- Handle fixed assets, including, but not limited to handling asset inventory, recording, calculations, and disposals.
- Handle regulatory reporting and tax payment processes, including, but not limited to Unclaimed Property Reporting, Business Property Statement, and Foreign Bank Account Reporting.
- Assist with Accounting audit, including, but not limited to reviewing documents for auditors; uploading documents to a shared website; preparing audit reports and analysis.
- Assist in budget preparation in accordance with established schedule and with input from all departments.
- Conduct mid-year budget review and coordinate with management addition/changes, if necessary.
- Provide management support, including, but not limited to improving work processes; and cross-training staff members.
- Document and update procedures in the manual.
- Maintain compliance with general accounting practice.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- College degree, preferred
- 7 to 10 years of Accounting experience
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in utilizing Freedom GL system, preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.