First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
Typical Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Supports both the Personal Lines Customer Service and Underwriting department by processing policy changes, completing activities, and adding violations to a renewing policy. Distributes incoming emails to assigned team folders. Reviews forms/documents uploaded to ImageRight and matches selection against the coverage on the policy.
- Work within the renewal time frames to process changes correctly. Work off activities in PolicyCenter to complete transactions.
- Research and validate customer information to determine if a moving violation can be added onto a policy. Process adding violations to a policy within set time frames. Order CLUE or HIB reports upon request.
- Process changes in our system. This requires reading instructions from requests, reviewing attachments, following SOPs to process changes correctly, then indexing files to save.
- Distribute incoming emails to assigned team folders.
- Reviewing forms uploaded from customers in ImageRight and match selection against the coverage on the policy.
- Work with the personal lines clerk to assist and be a back-up for distributing all incoming mail/faxes received, processing AOR transactions, and the Umbrella renewal process, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require periodic overtime during weekdays and/or weekends
Qualifications / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years general office experience and/or partially in customer service
- Able to type 45+ wpm
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Pleasant, clear, customer-service voice easily understood over the phone or in person
- Able to handle irate customers in person or by phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work with minimum supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer Service experience
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.