- Lead analysis, requirements, design, configuration and technical implementation of Java applications for insurance domain.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain applications solutions per requirements
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts
- Research, evaluate and provide input to potential solutions taking into consideration project constraints, organizational architecture standards, customer business processes and emerging technologies, where applicable.
- Participate in the development of work items, estimates, schedules and plans to meet business needs
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to a team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with architects, technical leads, QA teams and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems in the design and development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance
- Provide resolution of support tickets and ad hoc requests per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of various issues reported
- Support QA and UAT execution and deployments in various environments.
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred
- 7+ years of enterprise system analysis, design, development and implementation experience using JEE (Hibernate, SOAP/REST)
- 5 years of experience with writing Oracle, PLSQL, T-SQL or SQL
- Professional development experience for cross browser based user interfaces (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Mozilla based platforms)
- Professional development experience with Servlets, JSP, JSTL
- Professional experience in developing web-services for the web consumption
- Experience configuring and developing on JBoss and Apache
- Experience utilizing Eclipse tools
- Knowledge of enterprise portal design concepts such as integration, security, collaboration, personalization, SSO, taxonomy classification and federation
- Working experience with XML/XSLT/XPATH
- Experience with microservices is a plus
- Experience with Code analysis, Unit Testing, CI/CD, automated build pipelines is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding with SDLC methodologies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes
- Knowledge of packaged applications such as OneShield designer, Majesco RBS or Sailpoint IIQ, Duckcreek or Guidewire suite.
- Knowledge of deployment automation tools like Octopus, DevOps practices and build pipeline, Source Code Analysis (SonarQube), JUnit
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management and Service Now for tracking work items is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; Able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving mindset
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to lead and direct work of others.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.