About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Manage and achieve profit growth for the assigned lines of business by developing, managing and/or updating underwriting, pricing and product strategy that positions Tokio Marine to meet client’s needs, build company revenues and achieve our corporate profit and return on risk objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
In connection with property lines of business:
- Provides general expertise to TMA Field Underwriting and the Company overall and serves as an expert resource to Field U/W on rate, rule and form issues.
- Assist in the analysis of Product Line profitability working with TMA Product Management leadership, Actuary, Business Segment Leader(s) and other Company resources
- Implements compliance specifications including the development of tools and resources necessary to maintain compliance requirements
- Monitors rate adequacy. Reviews all changes in rates, leads the rate review process (externally & internally) including discussions with Actuaries, Field U/W and Corporate UW Operations associates.
- Reviews all Product Line specific changes to include forms, rules, and internal resources (such as rating worksheets and tools).
- Participates in Market Conduct, internal audits and CUW Underwriting Reviews of the Field Underwriting business segments relating to the assigned Product Lines of business.
- Assists the CUW and TMA Executive leadership in any general areas for assigned lines.
- Works with Business Segment Leaders, CUW Product Development Director and other areas of the organization to identify product development needs.
- Manages the development, maintenance and filing of policy, endorsements and new coverages with associated pricing and rules and internal underwriting tools
- Works with CUW Manager and Segment Leader to develop, publish and/or update underwriting guidelines.
- Designs and supports training as needed
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Support provided additionally to other lines or products as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- College Degree or equivalent preferred
- CPCU or equivalent Professional designation preferred
- Minimum of 5+ Years in the property business, with Property UW experience or exposure a must
- Minimum of 3 Years in Inland Marine or Property Underwriting, Corporate Underwriting work preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO, AAIS and independent state bureau requirements required.
- Proven track record with Compliance related issues.
- Experience with Internal Audits preferred
- Extensive Personal Computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- Positive team participation and attributes preferred
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.