Job ID: 1006854
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Department ID: 09TM TMM Underwriting
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Evaluate and price Risk Management Multi Line accounts with oversight. Determine acceptability and recommend underwriting action consistent with corporate/departmental goals and objectives. Continue to develop critical risk evaluation skills through gradually increasing the complexity of accounts handled.
Primary Job Duties
1. Understands, complies and maintains current knowledge of underwriting guidelines, procedures, goals and objectives.
2. Analyzes and evaluates exposures, determines and recommends underwriting actions determines the appropriate pricing levels and identify appropriate underwriting alternatives.
3. Takes appropriate underwriting action within the scope of delegated authority, with assistance or guidance from Manager as needed. Transactions that exceed authority are referred using established format and procedures with applicable underwriting recommendations.
4. Responsible for transactions related to Underwriting including file documentation and regulatory compliance, proposal/binder issuance and ordering Loss Control surveys.
5. Prepares all transactions including referrals, quotations, renewals, reinsurance placements, filings, account advisories etc. with minimal assistance, both accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines, schedules and procedures.
6. Completes all file documentation, and rating schedules in compliance with all internal underwriting and state regulatory requirements.
7. Coordinates, with assistance as needed, account activities between various other departments, underwriters, account executive officers and producers within the scope of account ownership and authority.
8. Maintains effective communication and rapport with Client Solutions, insureds (as applicable), producers, other departments, and unit staff members.
9. Provides clear, concise requests and instructions on all account transaction matters to other departments and unit members as applicable.
10. Stays current with market intelligence on an ongoing basis.
11. Register for In-House and Industry Sponsored Seminars and Webinars relevant to Commercial Insurance.
12. Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
1. Ability to interface with members of team on a daily basis.
2. Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
3. Regular and reliable attendance.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.