Job ID: 1006835
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021
Department ID: TM1605 Loss Control - HPR Account
Company: Tokio Marine Management Inc.
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
• Manages the overall HPR Account Engineering function including setting accountabilities and day to day management of Senior Lead Consultants - HPR.
• Establishes strategic direction for the HPR Account Engineering function including processes, procedures, goals, work product and support and communication expectations for internal and external customers.
• Works with Client Solutions and Field Underwriting management in all offices to communicate the Account Engineering function, gather feedback and needs of various stakeholders, and build relationships.
Primary Job Duties
• Regularly discuss with internal stakeholders including Branch Managers, Client Solutions and Underwriting on how to continue to strategically build HPR Loss Control as a key service for this customer segment and explore new service offerings that would enhance the service value to these customers.
• Provide loss control technical support to Tokio Marine departments such as Underwriting, Claims and Client Solutions including support for new business opportunities.
• Set procedures and expectations for work product of the Account Engineering function including Service Plan development and Annual Account Reviews.
• Set assignments and workload of HPR Account Engineering personnel for both Existing Accounts and New Business opportunities.
• Coordinate with the Manager, HPR Field Engineering to ensure clear communication and expectations in the delivery of services.
• Responsible for managing a portfolio of HPR Accounts which may include but not be limited to: delivering loss control service per agreed service plans; providing technical reporting and support; completing Benchmarking; consult on New Construction projects and key Process changes; etc.
• Maintains membership and actively participates in professional organizations approved by Departmental standards guidelines.
• Plans and performs work scheduling in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
• Performs special projects or HPR survey activity in support of and as assigned by TMM Loss Control Mgmt.
• Engages in self-development activities to maintain, improve and develop professional and technical competence and capabilities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and interact with team members.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering / Science or equivalent job experience.
• Minimum five years of experience coordinating major accounts (multi-locations and $100,000 premium and up).
• Experience managing HPR account personnel.
• Possesses a specialty in HPR property loss control required with a chemical background preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and capable of making presentation to a group
• Ability to work across different organizational levels and departments and creatively build awareness for and support of HPR loss control culture and programs
• Good computer skills to include the use of Microsoft and other software
• Valid driver's license free of violations.
• Capable of significant amounts of travel.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.