About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Responsible for underwriting multi-line property and casualty accounts for assigned book of business and/or territory. Multi Line accounts includes package and casualty products.
Primary Job Duties
- Underwrites, prices and structures accounts based on underwriting guidelines.
- Demonstrates technical and business knowledge required to underwrite, service, and communicate with large customers and brokers.
- Uses industry knowledge and expertise to underwrite and price complex or complicated accounts as necessary.
- Analyzes, evaluates and reviews information to determine profitability of new and renewal accounts.
- Effectively communicates account issues and/or actions with Account Executive and/or Account team.
- Provides recommendation and insight to increase profitability when applicable.
- Makes recommendations on risks which exceed authority using established referral procedures.
- Prepares quotations and proposals on new and renewal business.
- Orders Loss Control surveys, as applicable.
- Meets all file documentation standards in a timely and accurately manner and complies with underwriting authority level and department of insurance requirements.
- Recommends and places proper reinsurance when necessary and authorized.
- Provides rating instructions and policy issuance instructions to Technical Assistant staff, and serves as a source of technical and industry knowledge.
- Works with Account team to develop and implement customer strategies that achieve overall company objectives and customer needs
- Prioritize work to meet producer deadlines and established company time service goals.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor account plan as applicable which includes customer or broker visits, new business, renewal retention, pricing increase and profitability
- .Report competitor activity
- Involved in new underwriting initiatives and analysis as required.
- Provide suggestions and solutions for betterment of underwriting processes.
- Effectively work with Manager and other business units to ensure timely and accurate delivery on all underwriting related services to customers and brokers.
- Develops and manages relationships with the producers who handle our target business.
- .Supports marketing activities including travel as required to assigned territory.
- Takes ownership of maintaining and improving a high level of customer service
- Develop a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, compliance with internal controls and a commitment to excellence.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface daily with team members.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- College degree preferred
- At least five years of Multi Line underwriting experience with larger sized customers
- Ability to underwrite the most complex Package accounts
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to innovate and apply new ideas
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- CPCU designation preferred.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.