This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1006804
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Department ID: MI0918 Surety Branch
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
The Surety Underwriting team is seeking an ambitious professional ready to embark on a financial and analytical career within the surety industry. As a Surety Underwriting Trainee, you will work side by side with the leaders of the surety division, as well as seasoned and accomplished surety professionals. You will be exposed to and participate in a number of fundamental day to day surety underwriting and marketing activities, as well as key strategic operational initiatives of a dynamic and growing product line within Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Currently, PHLY Surety is the 12th largest surety in the country and is dedicated to developing surety professionals through the trainee program launched in 2016.
In this position you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Successfully complete the comprehensive Surety Underwriter training program consisting of one-on-one mentoring, self-study, and classroom training.
• Participate in AFSB certification activities including coursework, case studies, self-study, and ultimately pass exams as required to acquire your AFSB designation.
• Gain an understanding and develop analytical expertise of how financial conditions, character, experience, legal components, contract evaluation, project risk assessment and other factors can influence ultimate credit decisions and how to communicate these to internal and external customers.
• Develop ongoing relationships with internal and external customers that will include meetings with agents/brokers, and owners/key executives of companies we extend surety credit to.
• Pursue and monitor the continuous flow of underwriting data. Gain experience with various internal systems to assist in analytical functions and testing PHLY Surety’s new surety system.
• Develop knowledge of our products and distribution channels.
• Develop a working understanding of the surety/agency relationship and how to consult and provide direction to agents/brokers.
• Develop marketing skills and market the Company products to achieve company growth and profitability targets.
• Attend and participate in industry functions and events to develop and build a strong surety network and increase visibility in the marketplace.
• Perform special projects to build understanding of the surety business and support the business needs of the respective territory/market upon request.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx
This position is not able to be performed within the state of Colorado.