We are looking for a qualified Senior Manager for Digital Development to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various digital applications, websites and projects, including site launches, online tools, web applications and advertising campaigns. We are looking for a dynamic, tech savvy professional with a strong understanding of the latest Digital technologies, including Cloud hosting and architecture, API development and management, web analytics, and web development.
For this position, we expect you to have in-depth understanding of how digital technologies can help us achieve our business goals. We are looking for candidates to be collaborative, communicative, and confident in working with business and IT groups in a fast-paced environment. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills to support multiple concurrent initiatives and operational needs. This role is a combination of strategic and technical skills, to drive development, maintenance, and innovation of digital technology solutions to support and automate our businesses.
- Manage and lead day-to-day IT activities involving functional and technical design, software development, systems integration and application support and maintenance for Digital portals, and applications responsible for
- Ensures appropriate and timely participation in all corporate planning and implementation projects and initiatives.
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Set priorities, provide guidance & strategic direction, driving several projects simultaneously
- Manage the team of developers and oversees co-managed vendor delivery teams. Advises and guides team in effective management of their assigned projects.
- Establish, measure and report KPI for each application area
- Ensure resolution of support and maintenance tickets per established SLAs.
- Lead/participate in the hardware/software/system upgrades
- Performs general managerial duties including hiring, training, coaching, and terminating. Performs annual reviews.
- Manage effective communication between business units, technical teams, senior leadership and service providers.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of control measures to evaluate the value-proposition offered by various applications and vendors
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams (PMO, Integration services, EA, Infrastructure, Security and Data warehouse) to deliver projects and ensure proper implementation
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understand business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering discipline, MIS or a related technical discipline is preferable
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development, System Engineering or Information Management
- Proven work experience as a Digital Project Manager handling wide range of activities from support, maintenance activities to complex and latest technology projects
- 5+ years of experience with various customer experience, user interface and design technologies
- 5+ years professional experience in developing C# and ASP.NET based web applications and web sites for cross-browser consumption.
- Experience in developing web services for the web consumption (REST, SOAP, JSON, Web API).
- Experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience developing mobile solutions for IOS and Android mobile devices
- Experience with Web Forms development and any Content Management System is a plus.
- Experience developing and integrating web sites with various social media API is a plus.
- Experience providing application development services to deliver customer services across one or more business lines for multiple projects
- Experience implementing or supporting multiple systems integration points
- Experience working with offshore or managed services model, managing team of developers and offshore resources is preferred
- Experience working with cloud technologies and platforms is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile development processes, projects and deliverables
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches
- Knowledge of development efficiency measurement and reporting approaches and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced knowledge of SOA principles, design patterns, implementation methodologies, and related tools.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to keep pace with newer technologies and look for ways to add value incrementally.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.