Job ID: 1008848
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2024
Department ID: MI1001 Human Resources - General
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a Training & Development Specialist to join our team.
The Training & Development Specialist, under general direction, assess learning needs and designs and implements learning solutions in support of technical, business and insurance training and education.
He/she is adept at evaluating the impact of learning interventions and communicating these with stakeholders.
For this role, expertise within the insurance industry, Claims and/or Underwriting is strongly preferred.
A typical day will include the following:
• Takes an active role in consulting and partnering with the business to identify and assess learning needs and propose learning solutions, drawing on knowledge of business operations.
• Takes an active role in the development of learning solutions. This includes instructional design, program design, and the creation of instructional materials, all while leveraging knowledge of adult learning principles.
• Takes an active role in the implementation of learning solutions, including program management, course delivery and facilitation through a range of methodologies (classroom, virtual, train the trainer, etc.) and project management that incorporates change management approaches.
• Uses technology to enhance learning effectiveness and efficiency, integrating technology into learning solutions.
• Takes an active role in the evaluation process to measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions and to make recommendations for modifications or future interventions. This includes knowledge of data collection methods and tools and skill in data analysis.
• Working experience in all of the following areas: Consulting with Business, Solution Design and Solution Implementation. In addition, extensive experience in at least 1 of the following areas: Technology Application, Evaluating Impact and/or Coaching & Assessments.
• Working experience in all of the following technology tools and extensive experience in at least 3: Learning Management Systems (preferably Saba), HR support platforms (preferably PeopleSoft), instructional design tools (Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Panopto, etc.),
virtual delivery and facilitation tools (Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, Zoom, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Insurance industry experience preferred
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in related field (Learning & Development)
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx