Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a dynamic HR Professional to join the PHLY HR team!
We are looking for a dynamic HR Professional to join the PHLY HR team in either our Alpharetta, GA or Ewing NJ office location(s)!
It is the mission of the Human Resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of Philadelphia Insurances Companies:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals; retention of valuable employees; training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
- Inspire and encourage a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and delivering constant feedback.
- This mission is achieved with a teamwork philosophy that is inspired by effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and maintaining professionalism.
- HR takes a leadership role as a value-added business partner that contributes to the successful performance of the organization
- The HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides leadership and partnership to PHLY’s leadership team, and employees in a specified territory.
- The HRBP delivers a spectrum of HR support and programs in line with PHLY’s strategic business plans and HR’s mission.
The key area the HRBP handles are:
- Building and fostering strong professional work relationships across all employees and locations of the business and works collaboratively and effectively with other parts of HR.
- Developing and implementing strategic initiatives to support employee morale, lower turnover, and provide consistency in application of HR practices. This includes fostering a culture of development, partnering with Talent Development.
- Managing employee relation issues and related investigations.
- Identifying, researching, and analyzing specific areas of concern (including trends) or opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for managing the performance management process; execution of related training to include presentations and coordination.
- Partnering with the following HR areas: regional recruiter to ensure complaint search processes, provide guidance on practices and offers; compensation team to ensure equity in salary offers, transfers, promotions, merit, etc; benefits group to work through various leave related matters; liaison to employees on time and labor system, and benefits inquiries.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable employment state/federal laws and regulations to aide in mitigating PHLY’s risk. Actively pursue knowledge of trends, practices and developments in the area of Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, the partner must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and have a high sense of urgency.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent.
- Five plus years of increasing scope and complex responsibilities in HR. This includes exposure in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, compensation, and the Americans with Disabilities interactive process.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations and requirements regarding employment and employment activities.
- The ability to travel up to 15%.
- HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP).
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx