Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! Tokio Marine North America Services adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Manages the day-to-day GAAP, STAT and Management financial reporting functions for the investment portfolios of the TMNA Group Companies. Leads the implementation of and subsequent normal activities of IFRS accounting for investments under IFRS #9. Coordinates with the General Accounting and Financial Reporting teams at TMNAS on the results of the various investment portfolios on a monthly basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs the investment accounting policies and practices of TMNAS, specifically as they relate to GAAP, STAT and Management reporting and works closely with internal/external auditors and other financial professionals
- Directs the final stages of adoption of IFRS #9 Financial Instruments – for the TMNA Group Companies. Includes the preparation of entries for the opening balance sheet and subsequent monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring of results under IFRS. Monitoring activities include building management reports and financial statement disclosures
- Coordinate and work closely with the Investment Managers, NEAM and Delphi Capital Management on performance, management reporting, forecasting and financial disclosures
- Manage the Investment Accounting team at our third party administrator - NEAM
- Assists in the development of TMNA Accounting policy related to investments
- Analyzes and solves investment related financial reporting problems, including technical accounting research
- Produces accurate and timely financial reports, for internal and external use, in accordance with GAAP, STAT and IFRS financial accounting standards and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Develops, implements and maintains financial reporting internal controls and policies and procedures
- Prepares or directs preparation of reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected performance of the investment portfolios
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred
- 7+ years’ relevant accounting/finance experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Knowledge of processes, methods and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough financial records
- Strong knowledge of investment accounting concepts and financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of investment policies, practices and concepts – including complex financial instruments, such as derivatives, Interest Only strips, foreign denominated securities, securitized assets, etc.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.