Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
We are looking for a qualified AVP of Applications to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various applications as well as customization, implementation, integration and modernization of applications in support of TMNAS group companies. We are looking for a dynamic, tech savvy professional with a strong understanding of the latest technologies and applications modernization experience articulated below.
For this position, we expect you to have in-depth understanding of how modernization of applications and digitalization of operations can help us achieve our business goals. We are looking for candidates to be collaborative, communicative, and confident in working with business and IT groups in a fast-paced environment. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills to support multiple concurrent initiatives and operational needs. This role is a combination of strategic and technical skills, to drive development, modernization roadmaps, maintenance and innovation of technology solutions to support and automate our businesses as well as and provide technical directions and leadership to a team.
- Responsible and accountable for day-to-day IT activities involving functional and technical design, software development, systems integration and application support for applications (like AQS Advantage) across multiple group companies
- Modernize applications to use prevalent technology stack like micro services, build pipelines, responsive UI, containerization etc.
- Building a year-over-year roadmap for applications to meet technical and business needs as well as modernization goals aligned with business and tech
- Manage multiple service delivery teams; lead technical implementation for projects related work and on-going production support and maintenance for existing applications
- Define KPIs, monitor and improve performance and effectiveness of managed services teams
- Manage and provide resolution of support and maintenance tickets per established SLAs
- Set priorities, provide guidance & strategic direction, driving several projects simultaneously
- Establish processes and tools to measure and report on coding and software support efficiency, pace, tech debt and quality for in-house and vendor supported applications
- Oversee the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity
- Recommend designs and monitors team process improvement activities aimed at reducing costs, improving quality and speed to market
- Lead team to achieve quality in advanced planning and execution, realize benefits and innovation, providing exceptional services and solutions delivery
- Direct the management of staff, including orientation, training, and performance management and counseling as needed.
- Maintain productive vendor relationships and vendor/partner philosophy
- Contributes in business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams (PMO, Integration services, EA, Infrastructure, Security) to deliver projects and ensure proper implementation
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Build strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understand business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended modernization goal or solution to obtain business objectives
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, cyber security, mathematics or science is preferable.
- IT process or framework certifications (ITIL, COBIT, PMP) a plus
- Applied development or architecture certifications a plus
- 10+ years of technology management in Application Development to design, deliver and support technology solutions.
- Proven work experience in Applications modernization
- 5+ experience managing JEE and/or .Net development
- Experience managing and supporting packaged applications
- Strong technical and people management vision experience
- Experience managing teams supporting applications in a 24x7 environment is required
- Experience in migrating applications from legacy to modern platforms (like VB to .Net) is highly preferred
- Experience in a shared service delivery environment is preferred
- Experience with enterprise architecture processes and concepts
- Experience working with offshore or managed services model, managing team of developers and offshore resources is preferred
- Experience working with cloud technologies and platforms is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
The successful candidate must clearly exhibit all of the following officer level competencies TMNAS IT has defined for its officer core:
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Driving Results
- Service Focus
- Strategic Thinking
Salary range $139,000 - $175,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.