About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Assist in maintaining departmental effectiveness by efficiently performing a variety of administrative and support duties for the Headquarters and Coordination Departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Business Manager and department with various arrangements including but not limited to, travel and meetings.
- Support AEO's in coordinating accounts and reviewing new business and follow-up renewals.
- Coordinate with TMM departments to respond to requests or solve problems/complaints received from brokers and customers.
- Analyze and summarize various types of data. Prepare reports as scheduled or requested using various data systems such as Micro Strategy, PMS, R2W, Advanced Claims, My TMM, etc. Reports include but are not limited to: new market opportunities, monthly branch report, list of bookings by account, broker, etc.
- Propose and create new reports in order to more efficiently analyze business needs.
- Check and monitor booking data, such as coding, and coordinate with other departments to make necessary corrections. Review requests and issue certificates of insurance, Cancellation Clause, and/or Vendor's Endorsement accordingly. Coordinate with Brokers/Customers and Home Office for special requests.
- Review loss run check list and e-mail list for monthly loss run distribution.
- Prepare presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations under the direction of the AEO.
- Prepare and maintain workflows of new programs. Communicate to other departments as necessary.
- Review and assist in preparation of the Administrative and Departmental Budgets.
- Research new business using the internet and various resources as directed by the AEO.
- Prepare check requisitions for payment and process expense reports for Business Managers.
- Make hospitable arrangements for visitors.
- Provide service for Japanese clientele.
- Coordinate with the Administration Department and Office Management.
- Coordinate with vendors as needed.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- College Degree preferred
- Bilingual and ability to read, write and speak English and Japanese (required)
- Two years of administrative experience is required. Three or more years is recommended.
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Good typing skills
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred)
- Producer license highly recommended
- CPCU recommended
TMA believes the perfect candidate is more than just a resume. If you don't meet every single requirement, but are still interested in the job, please apply
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.