Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! Tokio Marine North America Services adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
The Sr. Data Analyst will support data warehousing efforts, ensuring the accuracy, availability, and integrity of data delivery. This individual will utilize a broad array of data management skills and techniques working to rationalize the organizations data assets, processes and information usage across multiple functional areas. In this role the individual must exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, be a quick learner, and display a high degree of initiative.
- Partner with relational and dimensional developers, BI analysts, data scientists, and other business stakeholders to drive efficiencies and improvements in information usage
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and translate them into effective data solutions
- Utilize SQL skills to design, develop and maintain complex SQL queries and scripts for data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL)
- Collaborate with ETL team to optimize workflows, troubleshoot issues and enhance data integrations
- Contribute to dimensional data modeling efforts, designing and implementing logical and physical data models that align with business needs and industry best practices
- Support the integration of data from multiple sources into various data warehouses, ensuring data security, accuracy and integrity
- Execute upon the strategic vision and realization of data warehousing, analytics, and decision support system development and implementation for the organization
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including source to target mappings, data models and flow diagrams
- Promote a data driven culture throughout the organization
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering)
- CBIP certification or equivalent a plus
- 10+ Years of experience overall working in data management.
- Advanced SQL language skills
- Advanced ability in relational and dimensional data architecture, modeling, extraction, transformation, and loading, data management, data governance, and related disciplines
- Experience with ETL tools, preferably Informatica, SSIS. Understanding of data integration best practices
- Understanding of methodologies for data analysis and deriving meaningful insights from data
- Familiarity with OLAP tools a plus
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies used for data discovery, data preparation, prediction, and data analysis
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Business Intelligence and Dimensional Data Warehousing
- Knowledge of each part of the data life cycle from discovery, loading, cleaning, transforming, managing, analyzing, and making such data easily accessible to all members of the company
- Strong writing and communication skills. Skill in creating clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- A proactive approach to staying updated with the latest trends, technologies and advancements in the field of data practices
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of data related problems and issues and provide solutions
- Ability to adapt to evolving data environments, changing requirements and emerging technologies to ensure effectiveness of data solutions
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders and translate technical concepts into understandable terms and fostering collaboration
- Strategic thinking; understands and applies data management in balance with current needs and long term organizational objectives
- Ability to adapt to evolving data requirements, technologies and changing business needs to ensure effectiveness of data solutions
- Ability to optimize data warehouse performance, including, but not limited to query optimization and indexing strategies
Salary range $88,000 to $130,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.