About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Responsible for the growth, development and management of producer distribution and new business underwriting for Ocean or Inland Marine Lines in an assigned territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiates and manages relationships with the Producers who fit Tokio Marine Guidelines.
- Performs all marketing duties for respective Producers including, in-person visits to producers, and establishes production goals by Producer. Monitors the results of respective Producers and adjusts goals if necessary to ensure Production objectives are met.
- Produce new business and renew existing portfolio in accordance with plan.
- Achieve plan loss ratio by determining acceptability of risk based on underwriting guidelines and sound judgment.
- Work within established work-flows to meet region time service goals.
- Services designated book of business within company's underwriting guidelines.
- Evaluates reviews and makes corrective actions on existing accounts, including midterm reviews as necessary.
- Makes recommendations on risks which exceed their letter of authority using established referral procedures.
- Controls new business, renewals, endorsements so that all related handling is processed timely and accurately. Gathering/evaluating information to determine acceptability of new accounts.
- Issuing quotations, Issuing policies and endorsements
- Issuing new business and cancellation/non-renewal notices
- Ordering Loss Control surveys
- Recommending and placing proper reinsurance (including facultative) when necessary and authorized
- Promotes activities between the Marine Department, AEOs and producers to maximize renewals and new opportunities. Maintains good communications and relations with all AEOs, producers and clients.
- Assist Corporate Reinsurance, Accounting and Claims on problems as they arise.
- Assist in the training of other staff members.
- Prioritize and delegate work to meet department deadlines. Reviews previously performed work for quality, as necessary.
- Adheres to department goals and objectives.
- Assist Accounting in the timely collection of overdue premiums, keeping 90 day overdue premiums at a minimum. Assist junior members of staff in the timely collection of overdue premium reports.
- Reduce administration level within all areas of the department.
- Create new business ideas and systems to achieve overall Department Business Plan.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of inland marine underwriting experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to innovate and apply new ideas.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Participation in insurance related courses.
TMA believes the perfect candidate is more than just a resume. If you don't meet every single requirement, but are still interested in the job, please apply.
Salary range of $95k - $120k. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.