Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
We are looking for a Duck Creek Technical Lead/Architect to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will lead and/or participate in the analysis, configuration, design, implementation, enhancements, and operation of Duck Creek systems such as Policy, Producer and Insights.
A track record of proven technical expertise in Duck Creek Technologies and technical mentorship and contributions to a team of developers is essential. Ideal candidates should be collaborative, communicative, and comfortable working with business and IT groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead/participate in the analysis, requirements, design, configuration, and technical implementation of Duck Creek systems on the OnDemand platform
- Implement various solutions according to provided technical specifications and business requirements
- Develop and oversee the maintenance of SDLC artifacts
- Research, evaluate and define potential solutions taking into consideration project constraints, organizational architecture standards, customer business processes and emerging technologies, where applicable
- Participate in the development of work items, estimates, schedules and plans to meet business needs
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts and end users
- Work collaboratively with architects, technical leads, developers, configuration specialists, quality assurance teams and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems to develop solutions
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of developers
- Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance
- Provide inputs on performance tuning of the application
- Perform Code reviews to ensure implementation accuracy of technical specifications and the enforcement of the best coding practices and standards during the development process
- Support Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing execution and deployments in various environments
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent professional experience is preferred
- Duck Creek University Certification is required
- 10+ years of insurance industry experience in system configuration, integration and development using Duck Creek Technologies
- 2+ years as a Technical Architect or a Technical Lead
- Experience in OnDemand platform is a plus
- Hands on experience in implementing/customizing Commercial Lines templates
- Hands on experience in Example Author/Server/Express 3.0 Rating, Forms, Pages
- Hands on experience using Debugging Tools – Data Tester, Example Utility, Trace Monitor, TSV Debugger
- Experience writing SQL and T-SQL queries
- Experience using DC User Admin, Product Studio, Control Hub
- Experience using Data Insights and knowledge of custom shredding is a plus
- Experience maintaining and updating templates with regulatory changes like ISO
- Development experience of Skins and web service integrations
- Experience with Code analysis tools (MSCop), Unit Testing, CI/CD, automated build pipelines in DCOD Environment
- Experience in MS Azure development (.Net Core/ C#, Azure functions, Service Bus) is plus
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes and ISO Circulars is preferred
- Knowledge of deployment automation tools like Octopus, ADO build pipelines and DevOps practices is a plus
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches like Scrum and Waterfall
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhanced functionality into a production environment
Salary range $98,600 to $155,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.