Tokio Marine North America Services provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! Tokio Marine North America Services adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
We are looking for a qualified Guidewire Developer to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will participate in the analysis, design, configuration and development of various components utilizing Guidewire software, using GW Studio and developing code in Gosu/Java for configuration and/or integration development.
A track record of proven development experience using Guidewire software is essential. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-directed, and passionate hands on developer who is quick at analysis and resolving issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead/participate in the analysis, design and technical implementation of the functional enhancements of the Guidewire product suite according to provided technical specifications and business requirements
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and enforcement of SDLC artifacts/processes, departmental standards related to implementation
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assisting in QA & user acceptance testing
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts and end users
- Participate in on-going L3 support & resolution for implemented integration related components per established SLAs
- Ensure that the best practices are enforced and followed during the development process
- Support offshore and junior developers by providing advice, coaching and technical support on their development tasks
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- Guidewire configuration or integration certifications is a plus
- Java developer certifications a plus
- Minimum 3 years development experience on Guidewire BillingCenter, PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter.
- 5+ years professional development experience in Java (J2EE) or GOSU.
- 5+ years professional development experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- A full understanding of the Guidewire product suite and the frameworks/options available for development.
- Strong hands-on experience relating to screen-related changes, changes to wizards, workflows, validation rules, an Business rules.
- Experience performing configuration and coding using Guidewire tools and accelerators, Guidewire Branch, and Guidewire predefined plugins to create data models and implement new data structures.
- A strong Gosu and Java background.
- Experience utilizing Guidewire Studio.
- Experience utilizing SOAP/Restful Web Service and XML for application-to-application integration.
- Experience writing SQL queries using Gosu for regular data fixes
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the development concepts, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance functionality into a production environment
- Knowledge of concepts in code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning etc
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Strong knowledge of Unit testing frameworks and SOAPUI
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Guidewire is a plus
- Working knowledge in Git/GitHub is a plus
Salary range $70,270to $115,770. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.