First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the PUW Business representative and a Subject Matter Expert for IT-related requests including rate filings. This includes drafting requests, meeting to discuss requirements, researching and analyzing issues, reviewing QA results, and managing production defects and enhancements.
- Supervise and develop staff. Plan and provide guidance, support, training, corrections, and activities to develop staff.
- Compiling audits to make sure they are done timely, correctly, and issues are addressed. Being a representative when auditors seek documents or need explanations. Tracking and overseeing agents with habitual issues or high loss ratios.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to make sure that we provide excellent service to our agents and clients. Strategizing ways to write new business by offering easier solutions or new products.
- Oversees day-to-day operations. Approves policies outside of staffs' authority and becomes a back-up when short-staffed.
- Ensure that procedures and documentation are communicated to staff. Maintain and create SOPs and Agency Guidelines.
- 4 year College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years Personal Lines experience (underwriting, agency, or claims)
- Minimum 1 year serving in a formal supervisory role with input into hiring and compensation decisions, managing workflow and resource allocation, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Insurance designations - CIC or CPCU
- P&C License
- Driver's License
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.