Job ID: 1008313
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2023
Department ID: MI1301 Compliance - General
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for an Underwriting Audit Specialist to join our Compliance team.
Ensures commercial lines policies and procedures are in compliance with state regulations and in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
A typical day will include the following:
- Completes file audits on new and renewal business and assesses the quality of risk selection and adherence to established underwriting procedures and regulations.
- Monitors audit activity for accuracy and completion according to guidelines.
- Compiles audit findings and analyzes the data for trends by Underwriter, teams, products, regions and/ or state to provide Underwriting Management with accurate and detailed information of any issues.
- Data analysis includes determining root causes of errors by reviewing results against existing guidelines, processes and/or training to determine action plans for improvement.
- Identifies training needed by the Underwriting staff and will either conduct necessary training or coordinate with the corporate training staff to develop the appropriate training objectives.
- Collaborate with Underwriting Management in facilitation of these improvements and training.
Successful candidates will have the following:
At least 5 years underwriting and/or rating experience with a commercial insurance carrier.
Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and understanding of state laws and regulations regarding insurance
Detail oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills
Ability to work independently and with a team
Ability to establish partnerships with internal clients and peers
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary range $72,000 – $81,000 Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx
Interested in working for FICOH?
Take the first step by joining our Talent Network today!