About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Underwrite commercial property risks in accordance with Tokio Marine America’s (TMA) Large Commercial Property (LCP) segment goals and guidelines and in accordance with any individual underwriting authority. Execute on segment strategy that positions TMA to meet client needs, achieve corporate growth objectives and to achieve profit and return on risk objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produces (travel to retail broker hubs, conferences and client meetings as required), underwrites and services new and renewal business as well as all ongoing service requirement for bound accounts
- Analyzes all information provided and provides detailed suggestion on pricing and use of TMA risk capital. Obtain additional information as needed to determine acceptability based on underwriting guidelines and sound judgment, determines underwriting actions, price levels and alternatives. Understands, complies, and keeps current with underwriting guidelines, operating procedures, goals and objectives
- Handle multiple commercial property policies simultaneously with premium volume of more than five million dollars
- Takes underwriting action within scope of authority. Transactions that exceed authority are referred using established format and procedures with applicable underwriting recommendations
- Prepares all transactions including UIS/RMS, referrals, quotes, binders, places facultative reinsurance when required and provides instructions for technical assistants in rating tools, policy preparation and filing. Maintains overall responsibility for the underwriting file per segment SOP’s (TMA audit & compliance standards)
- Works within established work-flows to meet LCP time service and data quality goals
- Establishes and maintains positive, professional relationships with brokers.
- Utilizes effective sales and negotiation skills to obtain and retain accounts on the most profitable terms available to LCP
- Works closely with other internal departments such as loss control, claims, premium audit and accounting to meet client service goals and standards
- Follows TMM, LCP and Department of Insurance Guidelines to ensure the profitability and legality of the book of business for which the jobholder is responsible
- Acts as a resource within the team regarding the areas of expertise. Stays current on industry trends on the line of coverage and share this information with team. Prepares production reports and special projects as assigned by management
- Utilizes current TMM technology to process workflow. Update skills as necessary, including but not limited to the internal rating and reporting systems and Word and Excel programs
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years commercial property underwriting experience or equivalent
- Existing large commercial property broker relationships preferred
- Computer literate (MS Windows environment required)
- Understand CAT risk workflows within RMS / CAT peril modeling knowledge required
- Understand and navigate broker ‘manuscript’ policy forms as well as fronting carrier policy forms
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Salary range of $150,000- $175,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.