First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
Typical Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stockholders which includes: Agency (Principals, Agents, Staff), FICOH (Management, Underwriters). This will be accomplished via both internal and external joint meetings, visits, activities and events.
- Monitor and report on Agency/Agent plans and performances (KPIs). This includes submissions, quotes, new business, retention, hit & declination ratios, and losses. Identify action plans to improve KPIs and/or improve upon successes based on data gathered.
- Act as the liaison for key agency partners and selected insureds. Serve as the central point of contact for inquiries and issue resolution. Capitalize on opportunities to develop and pitch ideas to increase market share.
- Assist with communication regarding contingent bonus, business planning, customer experience, and producer differentiation (FICOH Rewards, APP) status. Gather and share market intel to help FICOH achieve our financial goals and understand our SWOT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel required
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience which includes 4 years of P&C insurance experience in the Hawaii market. This experience can be in the Marketing or Underwriting area.
- 5+ years of experience in an Underwriting or Marketing position in the Hawaii P&C Insurance market.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficiency in using data bases created by others and manipulating data through existing software or applications
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering engaging presentations to a diverse audience
- Proven active listener and problem solver
- Experience dealing with difficult conversations/situations
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.