First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. was founded in 1911 and is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii. A member of the Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) group of companies, First Insurance enjoys an “A+” (superior) rating from A.M. Best Co. and has been named one of the nation’s top 50 property and casualty insurance companies by The Ward Group six years in a row. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and operations support for the Agency Management.
- Attend and assist with planning FICOH training programs and events. This includes working with Agency Relations Supervisor to coordinate the events, send communications and provide training materials before the event.
- Assume administrative responsibilities for key FICOH applications including Agency Portal, SalesForce, RegEd Xchange and Guidewire primarily related to updating user information and documents. Maintain First Insurance licenses.
- Maintain and process changes with regard to producer books of business, including management of blanket agent of record changes and communication with key agency contract to complete producer and agency transactions.
- Perform the general administrative support function for the department including processing of requests for checks, orders with vendors, ITS requests as directed, travel arrangements, promo items, arranging meetings, and supply ordering.
- Maintain, run/refresh and distribute various reports.
- Coordinate and distribute agency communication (i.e. marketing bulletins, notices to agencies, announcements and other department bulletins).
- Receive and respond to agency and internal requests / inquires, as well as external customer inquiries sent to specified e-mail address.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require periodic and occasional overtime for special events.
- Occasional travel outside of office to perform marketing duties.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to compose general correspondence
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and diverse tasks
- Able to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 25 lb.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Hawaii Driver's License
- General office experience
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.